Sunday 4 January 2015

0-6-0 G6 Tank Locomotive Kit build - Part 1

Following on from this post ...
Back in August as a Birthday present my parents brought me the N Brass Locos 0-6-0T G6 Kit. The kit is made up of etched brass parts which when cut out, folded and then glued/ soldered form a 3D body, and using the Farish 57xx chassis makes the complete train. However, August turned out to be a month fraught with danger as I managed to break my wrist in a off-road cycling accident. I was in no fit state to build the model so it laid in the display cabinet until my wrist recovered sufficiently enough to build it.


Ed

... And Happy New Year to all our followers. This year sees us attending Basingstoke Model Railway Show, in March with Cliddesden.

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    I am building a N gauge model which requires an O2
    I have this G6 kit, I have part built it ang offered the body shell up to a Dapol M7 chassis, it will very just fit with careful easing of the boiler. The M7 chassis has undersize driving wheels, (good for O2)
    The bogie needs shortening and bringing forward a bit, then cut back off the chassis. Not 100% accurate but pretty good for N.
    I will be building 4 for an IOW model, these will need the cab height reducing as the G6 is higher. May be something for yourself to do for your model. The last batch of O2s built had the higher cab anyway, with luck you may find one of these ran on the Basingstoke & Alton saving this mod.

    ReplyDelete